The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) has appointed four members to its board, The Accountant has learnt.
The four new appointees are:
- ACCA’s regional head of policy for Asia Pacific Chiew Chun Wee from Singapore who joines as an non-practioner member,
- Professor at the University of Ulm Kai-Uwe Marten of Germany who joins as a public member,
- Mexican practitioner Fernando Ruiz Monroy
- And EY France partner Isabelle Tracq-Sengeissen.
The Accountant understands that the four members stepping down are:
- Professor at the University of Duisburg-Essen Annette Koehler
- LHM Casey McGrath founding partner and ACCA former president Brendan Murtagh,
- Marc Pickeur a retired expert-senior advisor in the prudential policy and financial stability department of the National Bank of Belgium,
- And Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants executive board member responsible for auditing and quality control standards Sayaka Sumida
In addition, Megan Zietsman, a practitioner based in the USA, has been re-appointed as deputy chair for 2018, and Arnold Schilder’s term as chairman has been extended into its 10th year.