Adam Harris and Guy Hollander of Mazars LLP have been appointed as liquidators of 21 companies in the Arcadia Group Limited, the fashion retailer that collapsed in November 2020
Arcadia operated numerous high-street brands across the UK and globally, including Topshop, Burton and Dorothy Perkins. At its peak Arcadia employed over 13,000 people. The majority of the group went into administration in November 2020.
Mazars was appointed by the directors to oversee the liquidation of 21 companies within the group following a competitive tender process. It has been tasked with administering the repayment of approximately £30 million to creditors. The largest of these creditors is HMRC, which is owed a substantial VAT liability across a number of these companies.
Adam Harris, Joint Liquidator, said: “The liquidation of the Arcadia companies is a large and complex undertaking, and our team will draw on its collective experience to maximise returns for creditors, including HMRC.”
“Over the coming months our aim is to repay as much as possible of the group’s outstanding unpaid VAT liability.”
The full list of Arcadia Group companies being liquidated by Mazars are as follows:
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
- A.G. Clothing (Holdings) Limited
- A.G. Fashion Limited
- Arcadia Group Design & Development Limited
- Arcadia Group Holdings Limited
- Arcadia Group Retail Limited
- Arcadia Retail Group Limited
- Burton Property Trust Limited
- Burton Retail Limited
- Collier Finance Limited
- Dorothy Perkins Limited
- Dorothy Perkins Retail Limited
- Evans Limited
- Matte Card Services Limited
- Montague Burton Properties Limited
- Montague Burton Property Investments Limited
- Redcastle Properties Limited
- Redcastle Investments Limited
- Taveta Investments (No.2) Limited
- Taveta Investments Limited
- Top Shop/Top Man (Australia) Limited
- Wallis (London) Limited